Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final Blog Assignment--My experience of Billingual

Actually, since I was in elementary school, I started to get touch with English. At that time, I do not what bilingual is and I also did not imagine that I would come to America. English is just a require course just like Mathematics or Science. As the time passes by, I realized that English is not only just a tool to broaden our horizon but also an advantage to make me competitive among students. In this way, I have tried my best to learn English well same with Chinese. When I can communicate with foreign people, I found that knowing more than 2 languages is quite convenient.
Then I came to America. I found that the English I use here and I learned is really different. What I learn is too formal, while America is a country that people favor free forever. In this way, quite a few habits of using English have to change. Moreover, even though it seems that I have learned English for years, the vocabulary and even pronounce are definitely not sufficient when comparing with native America people. Hence, it is hard to have bilingual skill that both of them are very good.
Even though it is hard, I understand the advantage of bilingual. First, it is a good way to learn foreign culture. Second, it will help us to more easily communicate with foreign friends, which will force us advance and development. Moreover, if I can have knowledge of more than 3 languages, I can walk through the world without blocking. Hence, I will catch any opportunities to study other languages such as Japanese or Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment